lead by Sheila K. Collins, PhD.
All four Sessions – $99.
Single session – $30.
Want to learn to create on the spot with a group of fellow players? Want to find the big truth in your stories and make your stories more entertaining and enlivening? Want to increase your confidence in putting yourself out there, front and center? Want to laugh and have a good time? Want to learn a fun way to be of service to your community? Join InterPlay master teacher Sheila K. Collins for a series of four 2½ hour sessions exploring the InterPlay Performance forms.
[ See Schedule ]
You’ll learn and practice:
- Basic and advanced skills in improvisational creativity,
- Ecstatic following to find the “group body” and identify the “thing” that’s being created,
- Ways to get inside your stories and discover their bigger truths,
- Warming up the audience and involving the witnesses without putting anyone on the spot.
- Envisioning together where we think InterPlay’s moving, singing, storytelling performance techniques might be of service in the Atlanta community.
During the series there will be opportunities to perform if participants so choose, and the final session will include a performance for invited guests.
Dr. Collins currently directs the Wing & A Prayer Pittsburgh Players, an InterPlay-based improvisational performance troupe that assists human service agencies to serve their noble purposes in the Pittsburgh community. The group has conducted playshops and performances for the Persad Center, serving people with HIV-AIDS, annually at the Sarah Heinz House girls’ summer camp, and the currently at the Society for Contemporary Crafts art exhibit, ENOUGH Violence: Artists Speak Out.
To register: contact Jennifer Denning – 404 272-0848 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date & Time||Location||Details|
|Friday January 24,||Atlanta, GA|
|March 14||Atlanta, GA|
|May 16||Atlanta, GA|
|July 1110am-12:30pm||Atlanta, GA|