With Sheila K. Collins, PhD.
Want to learn to:
- create on the spot with a group of players?
- Find the big truth in your stories
- Make your stories more entertaining and enlivening?
- Increase your confidence in putting yourself out there, front and center?
- Learn a fun way to be of service to your community?
[ See Schedule ]
Join InterPlay master teacher Sheila K. Collins in exploring the InterPlay Performance forms. You’ll learn and practice:
– Basic and advanced skills in improvisational creativity, Ecstatic following to find the “group body” and identify the “thing,” Ways to get inside your stories and discover their bigger truths, Warming up the audience and involving the witnesses without putting anyone on the spot, Envision together where InterPlay’s moving, singing, storytelling performance techniques might be of service to your community.
During the series there will be opportunities to perform if participants so choose, and the final session will include a performance for invited guests.
Dr. Collins currently directs the Wing & A Prayer Pittsburgh Players, an InterPlay-based improvisational performance troupe that assists human service agencies to serve their noble purposes in the Pittsburgh community. The group has conducted playshops and performances for the Persad Center, serving people with HIV-AIDS, annually at the Sarah Heinz House girls’ summer camp, and the at the Society for Contemporary Crafts art exhibit, ENOUGH Violence: Artists Speak Out.
For more information: call 817 706-4967
|Date & Time||Location||Details|
|[enter date & time]||[enter location info]||